This page provides details of any employment vacancies available at Camphill Devon.
We are recruiting Support Workers to join our team. Candidates will be positive and enthusiastic about supporting people in a person centred way. Experience is preferred, but not essential.
For a job description, person specification and application form, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference for the post. If applying by post: Camphill Devon, Hapstead Village, Buckfastleigh TQ11 0JN, or call 01364 642631.
1) Ref: RSW19 – Part time (20 hours per week), to include weekends and evenings (£8.57 per hour)
Closing date for applications: 12 noon, Friday, 27 October 2017
Interview date: Wednesday, 1 November 2017
2) Ref: RSW20 – Full time (35 hours per week), to include weekends and evenings (£8.57 per hour)
Closing date for applications: 12 noon, Monday 23 October 2017
Interview date will be arranged after shortlisting
Camphill Devon Community is an equal opportunities employer.
Support Worker Role:
- Supporting adults with learning disabilities in their home life and involvement in the activities they want to do.
- Providing practical household support, personal support and social assistance.
- Provide support and information to the individuals we support
- Provide practical and emotional support to service users
- Help service users meet their personal care needs sensitively and appropriately to a high standard, including personal hygiene, assistance with laundry, and preparing meals and drinks
- Supporting service users to take any prescribed medicine, complying with all medicine policies, including storage, administering and record keeping
- Enable service users to achieve independence as far as possible in all areas of their life by providing appropriate information, opportunity, training and support
- Help service users to identify and choose their support needs
- Assist in devising, implementing and reviewing support plans